Student Files, Graduated June 1930
Contents of Collection
The SUNY Maritime College Student Files consist of individual files that include applications for admission, school transcripts, physical examination reports, and various types of correspondence. Some files contain photographs of the students as well as demerit records. The practice of keeping individual files for each student seems to have started around 1925 therefore files for students who graduated prior to that date are inconsistent and contain significantly less documentation. Many of these early student files only contain later correspondence requesting confirmation of graduation for employment opportunities.
These files originate from the early period of the school's history, prior to incorporation into the State University of New York in 1949. During that period the school did not follow modern retention schedules established by the state.
- Event: Graduated June 1930
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Appointments to examine materials must be made in advance. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information or to schedule an appointment.
For institutional records, the library follows the “72 year rule” used by the U.S. government for census records, meaning that we will not release records with personal information about individuals for 72 years from the record date. Additionally, records will be reviewed for compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which states that student records must be restricted until an individual is deceased, before being released.
From the Collection: 33 Linear Feet (33 Archival Record Storage Cartons)
- Alexanderson, Leroy John, 1910-
- Bradshaw, Edward John Hyland, 1910-
- Cummings, Walter Francis, Jr., 1910-
- Fagan, Robert Andrew, 1910-
- Finstrom, Axel George, 1909-
- Gillen, John Francis, 1909-
- Gleeson, Mortimer Joseph, 1910-
- Goodman, Martin Ives, 1910-
- Green, John Grant, 1911-
- Horan, John Thomas, 1910-
- Jarvis, Hugh Samuel, Jr., 1910-
- Joyce, Hugh William, 1909-
- Kilbourne, Louis Hiram, 1908-
- Llanso, Fransciso, 1910-
- McKay, Donald Hopper, 1911-
- Murphy, Owen Blair, 1910-
- Niebergall, Vitus George, 1908-
- Patterson, Thomas Joseph, 1909-
- Pearce, Charles Herbert, 1908-
- Preiss, Walter Henry, 1910-
- Raphaelian, George Ara, 1909-
- Rothrock, John Earl, 1910-
- Rowe, William Gilbert, 1909-
- Roblin, Wilmot Robertson, 1908- (Person)
- From the Collection: State University of New York Maritime College (Organization)
- From the Collection: New York Nautical School (Organization)
- From the Collection: New York State Nautical School (Organization)
- From the Collection: New York State Merchant Marine Academy (Organization)
- From the Collection: New York State Maritime Academy (Organization)